Additional Homestead Exemption (Double Homestead)
An Additional Homestead Exemption is an exemption of an additional $1,000 off the assessed valuation of your primary residence.
- You must qualify for Homestead Exemption.
- You must have a gross household income from all sources of $20,000 or less for the prior calendar year.
- You will be required to provide all W-2 forms and 1099 forms for the last calendar year along with your application.
- In Person — You may apply for an Additional Homestead Exemption at the Tulsa County Assessor’s Office between 8:00–5:00 Monday–Friday (excluding holidays) between January 1 and March 15 or within 30 days from the date of issue on the "Notice of Increase in Assessed Value of Real Estate". Our office is located at Tulsa County Administration Building, Room 215, 500 S. Denver, Tulsa, OK 74103.
- By Mail — You may download and fill out the Additional Homestead Exemption Application and return it by mail to:
Ken Yazel, Tulsa County Assessor
Attn: Taxpayer Services
Tulsa County Administration Building, Room 215
500 S. Denver
Tulsa, OK 74103
- Field Office — In January a list of field offices will be set up to provide greater convenience for filing an Additional Homestead Exemption. Please refer to the Community Outreach Events Program and Calendar for a list of times and places. This list will also be published in the Tulsa World and other Tulsa County newspapers.
If you are 65 years or older as of March 15 of the filing period or are totally disabled (proof of disability must be attached to the application) and you presently qualify for an additional homestead, you will not have to renew the Additional Homestead each year. However, it is the responsibility of the taxpayer to notify the Assessor’s office if their annual income ever exceeds $20,000 after the Additional Homestead has been granted.
If the application is denied, the property owner has the right to appeal to the Tulsa County Board of Equalization. (Title 68 O.S. §2895)
Please contact us for more information about Homestead Exemptions. Our contact information is below.
Do You Qualify For Oklahoma Claim For Credit or Refund of Property Taxes? (538-H Circuit Breaker)