Homestead Exemption applications are accepted at any time throughout the year. However, the application must be filed by March 15 or within 30 days from the date of issue on the "Notice of Increase in Assessed Value of Real Estate" to be approved for the current year. Any application filed after these dates cannot be approved until the following year.
Please refer to the Community Outreach Events Program and Calendar for a list of times and places applications will be accepted in addition to applying at the Assessor's Office.
January 1st–March 15th
- Accept applications for Additional Homestead Exemptions (Double Homestead)
- Accept applications for Senior Valuation Limitation
- Accept applications for Exempt Manufacturing
- Accept Personal Property Renditions for Business, Farm, and Manufactured Home
- All Real Property divisions and combinations of Real Property deeds with a notary date no later than January 1st must be filed with County Clerk, for the division or combination to be applied to the current year tax roll.
- A 10% statutory penalty must be added to all Business, Farm, and Manufactured Home Personal Property Renditions not received or postmarked by March 15.
- A 20% statutory penalty must be added to all Business, Farm, and Manufactured Home Personal Property Renditions not received or postmarked by April 15.
1st Monday in May
- Last day to file an informal appeal for the current year unless otherwise indicated on a “Notice of Increase in Assessed Value of Real Estate”.
- Tulsa County Board of Equalization adjourns unless Board votes to extend to June 30.
- Application for Oklahoma Claim For Credit or Refund of Property Taxes(538-H Circuit Breaker) should be completed in order to assure it is received by the Oklahoma Tax Commission by June 30.
- Assessor prepares Annual Abstract of Assessed Valuations on all Taxable property.
September 15–October 1:
- Ownership and address changes for the current tax roll will be cut off immediately upon receipt of new millage rates. If you have moved or changed your mailing address please notify our Title Research Department (918-596-5123 or 918-596-5118, 8:00–5:00 Monday–Friday (excluding holidays)) in order to receive proper notification of change of value notices and tax statements.
- Tax Roll delivered to Treasurer.
- New Subdivision Plats must be filed with the County Clerk.