Helpful Tips for New Homeowners
- New Homestead Exemption applications must be filed by March 15th in the County Assessor's Office in order to receive the exemption for that calendar year. You can download the Homestead Exemption Application or file an online Homestead Exemption Application.
- If you change your deed for any reason, you should verify that your Homestead Exemption has not been cancelled by contacting Taxpayer Services in the Assessor's Office at (918) 596-5100, 8:00–5:00 Monday–Friday (excluding holidays).
- Before you purchase any land, real estate, or business personal property, always check with the County Treasurer's office to see if there are any delinquent taxes. You should make arrangements with the seller on the disposition of the taxes for the year of purchase.
- Report any changes in improvements to your property as soon as possible to Taxpayer Services in the Assessor's Office at (918) 596-5100.
- If you own any property in Tulsa County, whether you have a Homestead Exemption on it or not, you should notify the Title Research Department in the Assessor's Office at (918) 596-5129 or (918) 596-5118 of your new mailing address upon moving. Or you can download the Mailing Address Change Request Form.
- If you rent or sell your home, you should send a letter to the Assessor's Office requesting that your Homestead Exemption be cancelled.
For more information about Homestead Exemptions, please contact us. Contact information is below.